Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hermione, I'm signing up for SPEW!

Some wise guy told " A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken."

For the past one week I :

-> Got up at six in the morning to prepare my brother's lunch box.
-> Dropped him to the school bus daily.
-> Made our beds.
-> Went out to buy milk and curd.
-> Took the trash out.
-> Stashed old newspapers and magazines in the closet.
-> Put the dirty laundry for wash.
-> Got the washed clothes pressed.
-> Went out to buy vegetables.
-> Prepared hot dinner every night.
-> Checked all doors and fastened the windows before hitting the bed.
-> Shopped at Foodworld for the week's supplies.
-> Cleaned the living room, the balcony and the kitchen daily.
-> Never missed feeding the fish and cleaned the fish bowl as well.
-> Didnt play badminton a single day. :(

Its was only for a week that my parents went out for a vacation and there I was buckling under the strains of resposibility. I wonder how my parents haven been doing all this and more for the past twenty five years, without grumbling even once and THEN heading to work. It made me feel so guilty that we had taken them for granted. Now I realize, its not such a easy job running the house! Its really frightening to accept teh fact that someone is really depending on you completely. I dont think one needs to do amazing feats in life to be recognised and put on the pedestal. To me, my parents are my real life super heroes!

I just hope that I have a kid who is better than what my parents managed to have.

8 comments:

Smitha.S said...

Hey! a very sweet blog da :)..n ya, parents are definetely the bestest!

Tin Tin said...

Belated mothers’ day wishes man! Jokes apart, that’s pretty nice of you.

Whencutdeep said...

sooper maga...really parents r the ppl v take for granted alva!
to b in their shoes for even a small time is a huge strain to say the least....





PS...there goes some of ur TP!! :D

bubble said...

haah.. me 2...me 2

makes me think the same..
hooh... but u got it a bit late !nahi?

Anonymous said...

hi...

u don't know how much i wish i get u as my roommate....u see i m like ur younger bro....n i won't feel guilty also......promise...i swear n cross my heart.....

puneet

Anonymous said...

well written. how did you make mom feel special on mothers day?

Hari Shenoy said...

amen. nice post.

Anonymous said...

macha awesome blog da... yeah my father is superman and my mom is wonderwoman...hope someday i can be as good as robin is...