Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Vortex

“What is that thing in the world, Oh son of Kunti, which is fleeter than the blowing wind?”

“The human mind.”

-Yaksha Prashna, Mahabharata

It is four in the morning. I am not asleep. There are too many things in my head. I have tried to flush them out repeatedly, but to no avail. I don’t like this. I don’t like the idea of not being in control of my thoughts. It’s very unsettling.

There are things that are observed, interpreted by the mind and concluded rationally or otherwise. Sometimes there are things observed, not interpreted at all and still concluded. And there are times when things are not observed, yet they are interpreted and concluded in a jiffy. Also at times, things are observed, but the mind can neither interpret nor conclude. Worse still, is when things are observed and interpreted, but the mind refuses to conclude.

When too many of such conflicts simultaneously exist in your head, vying for equal processing time and energy, it can become quite a mess upstairs. It’s a whirl of logic and nonsense that can take its toll on the little grey cells.

I know this is a very vague post, but what is to be observed, interpreted and concluded is something which I leave to you.

3 comments:

bubble said...

I have a similar chronic diseasebrother..

don't pester me further ..

hmmn.. can't mcuh here :)

Smitha.S said...

Nice one.N dunno who but sumbody very aptly called it markata manasu.

Smitha.S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.