Monday, September 04, 2006

An ode to good ole whiskey !

As an initial disclaimer let me categorically state that I do not drink and whiskey here has got nothing to do with alcohol! Whiskey is my friend. Lets call this good friend of mine X. ( duhhh... I cant gv u the real name! ) . So whiskey is like a secret identity thingy that X has and its a lil secret only we share. More like Calvin and Spaceman Spiff ! :)

So this whiskey character was quite a new being and was an instant hit between both of us. And when you have a unrelenting B school breathing down your neck, pushing you to your hiertho unknown limits of endurance, its only such little joys in life that make your existence meaningful. The crux of the issue was that Whiskey was funny. The origin of the chareacter was funny.The whole damn concept was funny. And boy! did we laugh along with it or what! Till tears ran down our cheeks and stomachs pained with all the incessant howling. We found something to help us break free and clinged onto it. We were on a mindless high.

Now you might be wondereing what the hell is all this about. What it is about, my friend, is should one let go of all senses when he/she is on a high or try to bring in bring in rationale and common sense what ever state one is in. If you are looking before you leap even when you are on a mindless emotional frenzy I guess it doesnt make much sense right? I mean, if you tried to get in common sense there, it wouldnt have been a frenzy in the first place!! So there we were in this zone, laughing at even the silliest reason, trying to make sense out of random senteces and having a ball of a time. And it was in this zone that I told something which I shouldnt have. It was in a flow of chaos and I just pandered to the thought. And it turned out to be a big mistake, cause X took it badly. X knew that I hadnt meant to be derogatory, but the fact remained that the statement I made was acerbic and it hurt. It wasnt even one of those stupid mistakes which you realise you have made the moment it comes out of your mouth. It just happened! And I take full responsibility for my mistake.

I feel life is such a big turncoat. There we were one moment, at the peak of talking gibberish and having fun and the next moment it comes crashing down to an ackward silence. Its not fair. People should not be made resposible for what they say when they are not thinking about what they are saying. I feel that. But the truth, unfortunately turns out to be the exact opposite. It DOES matter what you say and people DO get offended by what you say. I realized that at a cost. The cost of not getting to share awesome fun with Whiskey anymore!!! Well, I am lucky X decided tht it will be the end of Whiskey and not the whole friendship as a whole. Uff! narrow miss. Well, I guess its one more lesson life has taught me.

RIP Whiskey! I will miss ya. :(

P.S : It reminds me of strip where Susie goes "Sticks and stones may break my bone but words never will" and then realises the truth. God! I feel there is a CnH strip made for every situation possible in life.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi pal,
I will probably try reading this a few more times but i am not quite sure i would understand the meaning of it all still then. But i will give it a shot.

But heck, anybody who knows Sandy well, knows he doesnt always mean what he says. (We have talked about this, havent we? sigh! )

Dont worry about it pal. Time is a great healer and everything will just be alright and back in track before you know it, you know why? Because you are an awesome person and people just take time to realise it :)

Have a great life and dont worry about anything :)

Luv.

Srini said...

dude,
Seriously, I am struggling to understand this story... Or were you on a high while you wrote this ?? :P

Anonymous said...

were u tight when u wrote this??? nijvaglu yenu artha ago hagilla.. ee "whisky" yavdadru hudugi agidre nange helu!! ;)

Whencutdeep said...

hey sandy...good 2 read sumthin from ur side after a long time...
well this is rather vague...but theres somethin i hav 2 ask.....u mention "whiskey is secret identity that X has...more like calvin and spiff"
wat ru...susie??? :P
this sure is confusing!!! but the only part tht made good sense was tht it is at the peak of frenzy tht somethin is said that isnt supposed to b said and drives the whole conversation into an ackward silence....and ppl do get offended...
but hell man it does happen sometimes and thts d difficult lesson 1 has 2 learn....hard to digest it is...
i hope theres part 2 to this thing so i can try makin sense of this "frenzy"???!!!!?!?

Anonymous said...

I couldn't understand a thing....Sandy, Whiskey and X!!! I don't wanna think anymore! Leave it at that

WASA said...

thiss clearly suggests of a situation involving one of ur friends abt whom u r not willing to reveal anything on the net, so u have created whiseky alright.

but is this supposed to be an apology for that person or just written for the sake of it

XENA, The Warrior Princess said...

hey sandeep,
after a long time, i was looking at your blog and read this.

I think or rather i can guess what you are talking abt.

anyway whatever happens is for the good.

now guess who this is.